Monday 10 December 2012

PPD3 Final Assesment

Now i'm on my last year of my foundation degree, the time is coming to apply for University. Having already applied for University two years ago, I already know what courses I will be applying for. I'm looking to apply for Architecture mainly, but also Interior Design.

I haven't gathered as much information this time round as i did during my time at 6th form, where i visited several open days and ordered quite a few prospectuses from many universities across the country. One thing i have done this year, is attend the open days for the universities which i want to go to, this being Huddersfield and Leeds Met, I also went to the 'Design Your Future' event held by UCAS at Manchester.
 
For me this was a really good trip because I got to talk one to one with tutors from the respected Universities for Architecture. As I'm trying to get onto the course in the second year, this gave me a great platform as to work with. I have already established a base with Carl Meddings, the course leaders at Huddersfield about entering on the second year, and on the UCAS event day, I got to speak to another tutor at Huddersfield who gave me some advice on what my portfolio should be like. Aswell as a platform being created with Huddersfield, I spoke to the Architecture representitive from Leeds Met, Craig Stott. The conversation I had with him was pretty similar to the one I've been having with Carl, I told him of my intentions of entering in the second year and asked about what he'd wna see portfolio-wise and they both gave me the same answer, "Design Cycle and Process!" When I got home from the UCAS event, I emailed Craig and we got the ball rolling on my next step after Calderdale College.
 
I've arranged to see Carl Meddings in a couple of weeks, and I'm just waiting to hear back from Leeds Met now, so hopefully good news will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment