Wednesday 16 May 2012

Grand Designs


I have decided to blog about the channel 4 programme Grand Designs. This is because each week of the series every house they showcase is unique in its own different way and none of the design seems similar and they all stand out in their own ways. Some of them work on a much grander scale and are design really modern buildings design on the vast depths of a budget worthy of the house, where as other design are designed on a much more tighter budget, whether being design from environmentally friendly materials or being built within what appears to be small location, all of the designs somehow manage to find a way round on obstacles thrown in their way.

From watching this programme it gives me inspiration into any designs I do in the future, as there will be bits that I remember from different designs I have seen on Grand Designs that have caught my eye for many different reasons and that I will do my best to incorporate them into my designs.  

Not only do I watch the UK Grand Designs, I have recently started to watch the Australian version of it. By watching this programme also, it allows me to look at similarities and differences between the two architectural environments, especially because they’re on different sides of the world to each other. Another reason I have started to watch the Australian version is because it is a country where I would really love to go to and possibly live there for some time, so this gives me some information on the types of property they design.

Another good thing about watching Grand Designs is it gives me information on the construction of the building, so I see it going right through from the design stage, to the construction and to the rendering and furbishing. Also I find it useful to see the different problems they get faced with during their projects and how they overcome them. Overall I find watching these programmes very useful because not only does it give me inspiration for the future it also gives me lots of information which I try and remember for future use.

I find that watching programmes like Grand Designs will broaden your knowledge really easy and it is enjoyable way of learning because watching the television is something you will do every day, so by watching television programmes it is not the normal way of teaching and learning things so you will be more focused on learning this way.





No comments:

Post a Comment