Tuesday 22 January 2013

Final Reflection Piece

Overall the last few weeks, the purpose of this blog has been to help me look closely at my work myself and to see where my strengths and weaknesses lay and by doing this it means that I'll know areas which I feel I should focus strengthening.

Throughout the last couple of projects I have done, Spatial Design and Product Design, my strengths have lied with my CAD work, especially my SketchUp designs. This is because its a programme that I have used for several years now and the more that I use it, the more I increase my skills on it. And by doing this it has allowed me to explore more creative design that are a little more complex than what I would usually do and I feel that this is something I need to continue to do in order to push myself further, especially with university fast around the corner. I would however like to push my skills on adobe illustrator, I believe with a little more time spent using this it would also aid my work significantly, this is because at college we can use the laser cutter in accordance with illustrator so it would allow me to make 3D models of my designs.

Another area which I want to work on and improve is my drawings and hand rendering. At the moment I seem to spend less time with with a pencil in hand than I do with my mouse in hand and its something which I will aim to work on. To do this I will spend more time with the initial stages of my project and the development getting various sketches down of different designs that I can use. The more I do this the more it will allow me to create my own style when sketching and drawing and the greater those designs will become.

Hopefully by applying these to my work in the coming weeks, it will bring my work on leaps and bounds and there will be a noticeable change within the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment